Dec 15, 2010
Did you know that the British Virgin Islands are known as the “Sailing Capital of the World?
The BVI has long been famous world wide for sailing vacations. There are numerous reasons for this global designation.
- Ease of access. You can fly directly to the main island of Tortola or arrive in St. Thomas USVI and board a fast ferry for a great scenic ride to sailing paradise.
- English is spoken and the currency is US dollars.
- There is a minimum level of crime. The BVI government as well as the local population derive their income from the tourism industry so everything is done to make your vacation safe and easy.
- Internet as well as cell service is available
- The locals are very friendly and helpful. They are proud of their paradise and eager to show it off.
- There are hundreds of sailboats and there are dozens of places to anchor.
- The BVI consists of multiple islands that form a large necklace around the island of Tortola which also is the home of Road Town, the capital of the BVI
- Each Island has a story. Each island has a different ambience.
- The water is safe to drink, the local food is delicious (especially the Anegada lobster. Restaurants range from international renowned gourmet to beach bar casual.
- Weather is always warm offering year round tropical temperatures.
- Water is turquoise blue and green and crystal clear.
- Activities for everyone swimming, sun bathing, bar hopping, kite sailing, hiking, beach combing, spas, dining, dancing, exploring.
- World class diving and snorkeling. Put on your snorkel and fins, jump off the back of your boat and you are in the worlds largest aquarium.
Did you know that you can book a Caribbean Sailing Vacation with Captain Terry on the 51’ Manana Maybe and have your dream sailing vacation? Check out www. sailwithterry.com. The videos and pictures will show you how to make your vacation dreams come true.